The Christensen Chronicles

Monday, February 6, 2012

I need a hug

Peter's been gone for just under 2 weeks now and we have another 2 to go. I swore I'd be going to the gym everyday and HA don't you know today was the first time I actually made it. Right when I think I got the hang of this whole 2 kids by myself thing down my cell phone rings, damn you cell phone! It was Dr. Jonas, Jordan's surgeon, letting me know that we need to move up her surgery! Originally it was scheduled for March 20, I've mentally prepared myself for that date, scheduled a hospital tour, blood work, and other various appointments not to mention had everything planned out for little miss Leyah. When he said they had an opening for next week all the moisture was sucked out of my mouth and I'm pretty sure I turned all shades of pale and paler. Holy shit! What did he see in her cardio. chart that suddenly made this an "urgent" matter? And Peter's not even home yet!  Peter and I had a discussion before he left about what we would do if something like this would come up, we decided that Jordan and her health is way more important then me not wanting to go it alone and him not wanting to miss it. Screw that! Not really, but I do want my husband here. Luckily, I think Dr. Jonas heard the panic in my voice when I told him Peter was out of the country and we ultimately agreed on a surgery date of February 29th. This is a whole new ball game. Our six weeks has now been cut to three, two of which I'm still husbandless. I don't think I have ever made so many phone calls in a 3 hour period in my life. I was on fire, no seriously like literally I had the damn oven self cleaner on and it was 86 degrees in the house hahaha. But I was super efficient, I surprised myself. I got EVERYTHING rescheduled to co inside with the new date. During me running around and making phone calls Leyah was fantastic. I couldn't have asked for her to be more well behaved; it's as if she knew I needed to do this. After the initial shock and run around was over I was drained, all I wanted was a hug from my husband and for him to tell me it's alright we will be ok, Jordan will be ok.  I turned to Leyah and I told her I was sad and I just wanted a hug. She gave me the biggest hug and rubbed my cheek and told me "you my best fwend". OMG I LOVE HER! The rest of the night consisted of us making pita pizzas and both girls falling asleep on me on the couch. Everything will be ok.


"Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day". - Author Unknown



No comments:

Post a Comment