The Christensen Chronicles

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Jail Break

With shorty Jordy's surgery date quickly approaching we have been put essentially on "house arrest" to minimise germ exposure. I've been doing my best to keep Leyah occupied because I know how hard it is to be stuck in the house, poor kid. This past week we colored pasta and made necklaces which was super fun until she started to eat the pasta haha ok Monica Gellar :) I also cut out paper hearts and had her glue tissue paper to them, easy peasy. We made 4 for our family, cute right!? My favorite activity was making chocolate dipped pretzel rods today though. The plan was to have her actually help but that quickly turned into her just eating everything, I should have known. After she finished eating her weight in chocolate I semi ignored her so I could finish up the pretzels, boy was that a mistake. After about 10 mins of her "behaving" she comes running into the kitchen laughing and talking about my phone as she hands me the phone completely submerged in a glass of water, doh. Thus begins our "jail break" of leaving the house in search of a new phone. Please keep in mind I do not have a smart phone ahaha it's an old school candy bar nokia which I'm pretty sure cost me $20, but I loved my ghetto phone, parting is such sweet sorrow ;( The closest T-mobile is the mall, yuk, so we ventured out in this arctic tundra and germ infested mall only to be told that T-mobile doesn't sell just phones without a plan upgrade, WHAT?  A phone store who wont just sell you a phone, what is wrong with this world. I was told to go to wal-mart, haha well damn if I knew that HA.  We eventually make it to wally world and I am now a proud new owner of an Alcatel?
Macaroni necklaces

fun times with pasta

Our family hearts

Yummy chocolate dipped pretzels

haha I had to add a cute one of Jordan too

No comments:

Post a Comment